What's New at the Library?
For the most up-to-date Library news, and to view our photo albums, you can now follow us on Facebook! Go to "islandlibrary" on Facebook.com, or click the button below to take you directly to our page.
2013 Fall Preschool Stories & Crafts
- Thursday, October 10 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, October 17 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, October 24 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, October 31 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 7 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 14 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 28 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, December 5 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, December 12 at 10 a.m.
- No registration required
- Especially for children 3-5 years old, however brothers, sisters and homeschooled children welcome.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- As themes for each week are established, they will be posted on our Facebook page.
Student Book Clubs
Book Clubs for 2nd and 6th Grades are held every other Monday at 6 p.m. Call (757) 336-3460 for exact dates.
Incentive Reading Program
Incentive reading program for 8-12 year olds. Simply come into the library to register, take home a reading log, and return the log by August 15th to be eligible for prizes.
Our Latest Newsletter
The 2013 edition of The Island Library Review is now available for viewing or download in PDF format. Just follow this link to read it.
We are always in need of volunteers! Interested? Contact Harriet Lonergan at (757) 336-3460.
The Island Oral History Project
The Library Board is committed to maintaining its interest and leadership in preserving Chincoteague’s history and heritage for future generations. The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities was the original sponsor of the project; it is now funded through your donations.
To learn more, visit our Island Oral History Project page.
If interested in donating to or assisting with the Project, please contact us at (757) 336-3460