What's New at the Library?
For the most up-to-date Library news, and to view our photo albums, you can now follow us on Facebook! Go to "islandlibrary" on Facebook.com, or click the button below to take you directly to our page.
2014 Winter/Spring Preschool "Tales for Tots": Preschool Stories & Crafts
The books, songs, finger plays, and crafts are specifically geared to preschool children from almost 3 years old to 5 years old. Accommodations will be made for quiet study in the front room of the library for older children who are accompanying their preschool siblings. Parents/grandparents and/or guardians must accompany their children. Please note: Story time will be canceled if the Accomack County Schools are closed due to snow or ice. Don't forget to visit our Facebook page for photos and the latest news.
Click here to view or download the Storytime flyer.
- Thursday, January 16
- Thursday, January 23
- Thursday, January 30
- Thursday, February 6
- Thursday, February 13
- No Storytime on Feb. 20 or Feb. 27
- Thursday, March 6
- Thursday, March 13
- Thursday, March 20
- Thursday, March 27
- Thursday, April 3
- Thursday, April 10
- Thursday, April 17
- Thursday, April 24
- Thursday, May 1
- Thursday, May 8
2014 Adult Book Club
- January 9 -- Favorite Book of 2013 & Book Exchange
- Feburary 13 -- Dog Stories - Fiction or Non-fiction
- March 13 -- Civil Wars
- April 10 -- Bridges in the U.S. and Around the World
- May 8 -- Women Adventurers
- June 12 -- Novels by Irish Novelist Edna O'Brien
- July 10 -- Foreign/International Mysteries
- August 14 -- Classic Books from the Early 20th Century (up to 1930s)
- September 11 -- Your "Dream Destinations" or Your Favorite Place
- October 9 -- TBD (All will read the same book)
- November 13 -- A book that caused you to change your thinking about a particular topic
- December 11 -- Christmas Luncheon and Planning Session
Island Readers Group
The Island Readers Group meets at the Library on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
Student Book Clubs
Book Clubs for 2nd and 6th Grades are held every other Monday at 6 p.m. Call (757) 336-3460 for exact dates.
Scrabble meets at the Library every Thursday from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
Our Latest Newsletter
The 2013 edition of The Island Library Review is now available for viewing or download in PDF format. Just follow this link to read it.
We are always in need of volunteers! Interested? Contact Harriet Lonergan at (757) 336-3460.
The Island Oral History Project
The Library Board is committed to maintaining its interest and leadership in preserving Chincoteague’s history and heritage for future generations. The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities was the original sponsor of the project; it is now funded through your donations.
To learn more, visit our Island Oral History Project page.
If interested in donating to or assisting with the Project, please contact us at (757) 336-3460